Roof Replacement Services in Arlington, Virginia
If it is time for a roof replacement, there are two things you must have to get the results you need: quality materials and a skilled roofing contractor. Fortunately for those in Arlington, Northern Virginia, and Washington, D.C., Painter Roofing and Construction checks both boxes. We are a highly experienced, local roofing company that has provided numerous customers with top-notch roof replacements.
More than just our results have made us the area’s go-to roofers. Our customer service is unmatched. When you hire us, you can count on working with professionals who will treat you and your property with the utmost respect. The home and business owners we have helped in the past can attest to our honest business practices and the time and attention we devote to each customer. For roof replacement services in Arlington, there is no one better than Painter Roofing and Construction.
To get a free quote for your next project, call (888) 491-8543 or contact us online.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Roof
Knowing when to replace your roof can be a tricky task. It is unfortunately easy to overlook the condition of your roof until something significant has gone wrong. To avoid these situations, there are several signs you ought to watch out for that can let you know it is time to call a professional.
- Your roof’s age. Each type of roofing material has an average lifespan that you ought to know. If your roof is getting old, it could be cost effective to replace it and avoid the costs of multiple repairs or damage restoration.
- Material issues. Broken, missing, cracked, or worn-out materials can all necessitate a replacement. This is especially true when the damage is widespread, and repairs would be insufficient.
- Damaged flashing. The flashing around vent pipes, chimneys, and skylights should be intact. If it is cracked or broken, water can seep in and cause a host of problems.
- Issues with roof valleys. These are where two roof planes meet at an angle, creating a V-shaped or trough-like area. If you have damaged shingles or other materials in your roof valleys, you are likely to benefit from a roof replacement. Valleys are crucial areas that rain and snow-melt flow through to get to your gutters. When they are in bad shape, they leave properties susceptible to water damage.
- Visible sagging. It should be no surprise that if your roof is sagging, you likely have a structural issue that needs to be addressed without delay.
- Mold, moss, or algae growth. While this is mostly a cosmetic problem, if it is left long enough and expands, it could cause your roofing materials to deteriorate.
- Noticeable water damage. Should you see water stains on your walls or ceilings, you might have a leaking roof.
- High energy bills. Your roof is a key factor for your energy efficiency. It insulates your property and can even deflect sunlight and make it easier for your HVAC system to keep your spaces comfortable. If your energy costs are on the rise, a roof replacement could improve your energy efficiency and cut your heating and cooling costs.
How Often Should You Get a Roof Replacement?
In short, it comes down to the type of materials you have, the quality of their installation, and the weather conditions they have been exposed to.
Below we have listed the roofing materials that we can work with and how long they typically last:
- Asphalt Shingles: These can last between 15 and 30 years, depending on their type. For example, architectural shingles are known to have longer lifespans than 3-tab shingles.
- Metal: This type of roofing can last between 40 and 70 years with proper maintenance.
- Slate: This high-end material can stay strong for 100 years or more.
For commercial roofing systems, you can expect PVC, TPO, and modified bitumen roofing to last around 20 years and even up to 30 years in some cases. Silicone roof coatings are known to have 15-year lifespans and EPDM rubber roofing can remain in good condition for up to 50 years.
If you are interested in knowing the exact condition of your roof, schedule a roof inspection with us. We can provide you with a complete understanding of any issues your roof has and whether a replacement would be advantageous for your home or business.
Get a Free Quote for Your Roof Replacement
We provide our customers with free estimates, so there is never a need for guesswork when you choose Painter Roofing and Construction. To get your estimate, consult with us! We would be glad to speak with you about your project, the materials you want, and your budget.
Call (888) 491-8543 or reach out to us online. We proudly offer our roof replacement services in Arlington, as well as throughout Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
"I highly recommend Painter Roofing and Construction."
Had five estimates, nothing equated to the responsiveness, care, and professionalism Frank showed us.- Tony A.
"Wont go to anyone else in the future."
Frank is super easy breezy to work with. We didn't feel like we were getting sweet talked into unnecessary work.- Sheila L.
"They always fit us in quickly and they do a great job."
They are knowledgeable and provide excellent service.- Teresa R.
"They were extremely courteous and professional."
Frank the owner was very responsive and had his co-worker come out the next day for measurements and had a quote that night.- Joe I.
"I will use them again when the need arises!"
Frank and his team gave me a fair price, did what they said they would do when they would do it.- Todd F.
"We would absolutely use them again for future projects."
The Painter team was communicative throughout the process - being very clear about costs, when work crews would show up, etc.- Satisfied Customer
"Great communion through email and text."
Then arrived on time the days that they scheduled work. Very profession and courteous.- Jennifer M.
"Painter will be my top recommendation to anyone looking for roof work."
Following that, they stopped by in person to make sure every detail was done to our liking.- TJ D.